Tulsi as a Natural Remedy for Coughs and Colds
What do you do when you have a persistent cough and cold? Without even batting an eyelid you make yourself a hot cup of tea with loads of ginger and tulsi leaves in it. You might also put in some black pepper and cardamom. Trusting on natural remedies to cure common ailments such as common cold and cough is nothing new. One such natural remedy is Pankajakasthuri’s cough syrup withTulsi. It packs the goodness of Tulsi, black pepper, cardamom, and adulsa. The syrup reduces phlegm and relieves common cold and cough. It is free of any steroids or sedatives or alcohol. To buy this Ayurvedic product for cough & cold online, visit https://www.pankajakasthuri.in/pankajakasthuri-cough-syrup-with-tulsi.html
Here we discuss some of the benefits of Tulsi taken in different forms during coughs and colds -
1. Decongestant action: A study in animals have shown that extracts of Tulsi or holy basil may help keep the bronchial airway passages uncongested and clear.
2. Reduces phlegm: Tulsi, the ancient herb, has positive actions on the respiratory system. According to a study, tulsi or holy basil helps to effectively liquefy the phlegm. It may also help reduce cough caused due to allergic bronchitis, asthma, and eosinophilic lung disease. Almost all parts of Tulsi — seeds, leaves, and roots — have medicinal value and have been used both internally and externally.
3. Soothes throat: Since ancient times Tulsi has been used to treat sore throat, cough and cold. According to a study, boiled water with tulsi leaves imparted a soothing effect to patients with a sore throat. Tulsi leaves act as an adaptogen. An adaptogen is a substance that helps counteract the effects of stress in the body. Tulsi helps the body and mind to encounter different physical, chemical emotional, and infectious stress.
4. Treats minor throat infections: Inhaling the steam of Tulsi leaves and hot water can help relieve minor throat infections in children. A 2014 study showed that inhaling the steam of Tulsi leaves with hot water is more effective than inhaling the steam of just hot water. Due to its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, Tulsi has been used as part of home remedies for cough and common cold for centuries.
5. Helps to improve immunity: For better immunity, consumption of tulsi leaves on an empty stomach is good.
6. Treats fever: The juice extracted from Tulsi leaves isusually effective in bringing down high fever.
Buy Ayurvedic products online from Pankajakasthuri to treat coughs & colds
Pankajakasthuri’s cough syrup with Tulsi & Honey are a blend of 100% herbal ingredients. These Ayurvedic cough syrups are effective decongestant and expectorant which reduce phlegm.
To buy Pankajakasthuri Cough Syrup with Tulsi, visit https://www.pankajakasthuri.in/pankajakasthuri-cough-syrup-with-tulsi.html
To buy Pankajakasthuri Cough Syrup with Honey, visit