Cover your Cough & Sneeze: Healthy Hygiene Habits to Avoid the Flu
Many respiratory infections like the common cold, sinusitis and certain types of influenza are spread through the air by coughing or sneezing. However, with some healthy habits, you can reduce the chances of spreading infection or picking up one.
Over here we will discuss these important healthy habits that you must practise -
1. Practise proper handwashing: Washing your hands is one of the most effective ways to prevent an infection. You should wash your hands properly for at least 30 seconds with soap and warm water. Cleaning your hands before eating, before preparing the food and after using the restroom is important. This simple step is very important for children as well as adults.
2. Avoid touching your face: Often people have this habit of touching their face or mouth with unwashed hands. Little do they realise that such unhealthy habits can give easy access to infection-causing germs and microorganisms to enter the body. Always, wash your hands before touching your face.
3. Follow respiratory etiquettes: If you are suffering from cold or flu, cover your coughs and sneezes with a disposable tissue which should not be used again. Always put your used tissue in a wastebasket. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow sleeve. Practise respiratory etiquettes in crowded places like public transport, hospitals, parks and other public spaces. Wear a mask as it’s one of the effective ways to cover your cough or sneeze and prevent the spread of any infection.
4. Avoid close contact with those who are ill: The best way to avoid picking up an infection is to avoid close contact with those who are ill. If you are not feeling well, it’s best to either stay at home or keep a distance from others so that you don’t end up spreading the infection.
5. Stay hydrated: Increasing your water intake will help you stay healthy and reduce the chances of picking up an infection. If you are suffering from the flu, staying hydrated helps loosen mucus and quickens recovery. To stay hydrated drink water, tea or soup, and not aerated cold drinks.
6. Lead a healthy lifestyle: The best flu prevention strategy is a healthy lifestyle. Good nutrition, regular exercise, and sufficient sleep are important to boost your immune system. Make sure your daily diet is packed with essential nutrients. Exercising regularly helps to flush out toxins and bacteria from the lungs and, thus, reduces your chances of getting infected.
Boosting your immunity with the help of Ayurveda
Along with leading a healthy lifestyle, you can take Chyavanaprash to boost your immune system. To boost your respiratory immunity against bacteria and viruses, you can take ayurvedic breathing supplements. Our ayurvedic medicine Breathe Eazy can prevent the onset of respiratory disorders. If you are looking for ayurvedic medicine for allergic bronchitis, asthma and other respiratory diseases, you can check our ayurvedic medicine Breathe Eazy, available as granules, tablets, and syrup.